Improve the livability of the environment of Champaign County, while focusing on public and private efforts to conserve, restore, and enhance the local environment. Special attention is given to providing a balance between developed areas with open space, including recreational parks, greenways, and trails, woodlands, prairie, wetlands, rivers, and stream corridors and other natural resources.
The CCDC Foundation encourages and promotes:
- Excellent in planning and design
- Stewardship of land and water resources, including its acquisition as Trustee
- Research and education to provide solutions to environmental problems
- Gifts, grants, devises, bequests, and other financial contributions
- Opportunities for general public participation in governmental endeavors